We need your time, talent and energy
Do you like to ride, teach others how to ride and share your love of riding? If so, help with our Ride Program
- You’ll lead or co-lead 2-4 hour rides for underserved and at-risk youth (ages 10 and up). Give them the opportunity to get outside, learn to ride, have fun, and experience the thrill and accomplishment of doing something new!
- Don’t worry, we’ll find the trail, help with logistics, provide an easy teaching guide and train you; but of course, you’ll need to bring your bike, your mad riding skills, and your energetic, fun self.
Do you like all things bikes—fixing bikes, maintaining bikes, riding bikes, and teaching others how to do the same? If so, be the gearhead you were meant to be and work with our Learn to Earn Program.
- You’ll teach our youth participants (middle and high school youth) bike repair, maintenance skills and how to get their hands dirty, have fun and ride while gaining the confidence and knowledge to do it on their own.
- Don’t worry… we provide the tools, the bikes, the workshop, the curriculum and the eager participants that will marvel at your mechanical wizardry.
Do you like the idea of helping with a mishmash of all kinds of stuff at our bike shop? If so, volunteer at Lucky Bikes Re-Cyclery
- You’ll be working at our bike shop, a social enterprise that repairs and sells affordable bikes in our local community AND helps fund our non-profit, Lucky to Ride.
- Your mishmash of duties will include repairing bikes, assisting customers, gathering bike donations, working side-by-side with our Youth@Work participants, and more.
- Don’t worry, we’ll train you, work with you, bring you lots of coffee/snacks and praise your awesomeness.
Do you like the idea of being a superstar in your neighborhood, your club, or your circle of friends? If so, be a go-getter and start a bike drive. Donated bikes will be used for our youth programs and in our shop
- You’ll be the head honcho, the Grand Poobah. Organize the bike drive the way you see fit. All we ask is that you do it professionally and represent the Lucky to Ride organization with pride.
- Don’t worry, we have some helpful tips and marketing materials for you to use; we can help you market it and set you up for success. Plus, we’ll give you a big high-five when you bring in those donated bikes!
Do you like to plan, organize, run around, pitch in, pick up the slack or be the “go-to” person at an event? If so, let us know and we will get you involved in one or many different events like the Bailey Hundo or our annual fundraiser.
- You’ll be doing a bunch of stuff, although we might not know what that stuff is just yet. We do know it will be a fun time and an amazing thing to be a part of.
- Don’t worry… we will give you all the details when the time comes and give you a big SHOUT OUT when we get the chance!
GROUPS and TEAMS
Do you like the idea of you and your coworkers, your friends, your church or your bike team doing something fun while doing something good? If so, check in with us to find out how you can get involved.
- We love support from groups and teams and we love to support you. We have ideas and the need; you have the passion and the motivation. Let’s put all that fun stuff together and raise funds to do good.
- Don’t be shy, we’d love to hear from you.